Building on the experience gained over 60 years of supporting international business, the Export Council of Australia (ECA) has developed a comprehensive skills development program, aimed at building the international capability and capacity of Australian businesses.
This program provides training to companies across the spectrum of international business experience, from pre-export to well-seasoned.
We believe our off-the-rack skills development program contains something for almost everyone, but from time-to-time organisations may have particularly specialised needs that can only be satisfied by a bespoke offering. And the ECA can help!
If you think a standard course doesn’t quite do the job, the ECA will work with you to determine your exact upskilling requirements and then tailor-make a program just for YOU. Whether it is in-depth market training, specific sectoral advice, international pricing solutions, or a workshop focussed on marketing and sales, the ECA can develop a program that fits.
How it works:
We consult with you to analyse:
- Your needs
- The skill level of your employees
- The time you have available for training
- Your budget
We then develop a program just for you.
In-house training can be delivered at your premises, or offsite, depending on your requirements. To allow for meaningful interaction between the trainer/s and the delegates, in-house training group numbers are limited to 10 people.
Should ongoing assistance be required, the ECA can provide mentoring and consultation services post-training.
To have a confidential, no obligation discussion about your company’s training needs, contact Shane Styles, National Skills Development Manager. Email:
Business Health: Export Ready
- Are you Internationally Ready?
- International Business Planning 101
- Whose who in the Export Zoo?
- Learn how to prepare a SWOT Analysis for International expansion
- Market Research + Market entry strategy
- Accessing government grants for export
- Resourcing for international growth
- Preparing your product/ service for international markets
- Managing International Logistics 101
- Managing International Trade Risk
- Preparing for international growth: Legal + IP Protection
Export Process: Nuts & Bolts
- Export Documentation
- Finance for international growth
- Supply Chain Management and Security
- Export/Import Compliance
- Intellectual Property
- Advanced marketing for International Business
- Preparing your international tax structure
- Understanding the legal requirements for international expansion
- Learn how to correctly apply for a Certificate of Origin/Declaration of Origin
- Learn the importance of product classification when it comes to taking advantage of FTA's
- Human Resource Management for international Markets International Pricing - Level 2
- Risk Management: Level 2 (Contracts, incoterms, insurance and payment terms)
Market Development (Market Growth)
- Market regulation
- Market Research
- How to pitch for the right market
- Utilising Trade Shows efficiently & effectively
- Preparing for business Missions
- Managing Lead Generation
- Understanding how to manage bribery and corruption
- Developing new business models for international growth
- Setting up an offshore presence
- FTA's 101
Export Growth (Advanced Stream)
- Trade Policy
- Shanghai Free Trade Zone
- Korea Services Sector
- Mexico: Reform and Opportunity
- ASEAN + Supply Chains
Don't see anything that quite fits the bill? Contact us to design something just for you!
Make an Enquiry
Become A Member
Co-Founder & Commercial Director,
Pharmako Biotechnologies Pty Ltd
Member of the ECA
"Pharmako Biotechnologies were already exporting when we joined the ECA. We joined to assist our export strategies, and unashamedly to promote ourselves
through the Australian Export Awards. As a small business, third party recognition and industry membership assist when dealing with large
Established in 1970, Mavlab Animal Health Pty Ltd is a Queensland based, family-owned, GMP licenced manufacturer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and pet care products. Mavlab has an extensive range of prescription and over the counter products sold in a growing number of global markets. Contract manufacturing opportunities are also available.