Building on the experience gained over 60 years of supporting international business, the Export Council of Australia (ECA) has developed a comprehensive skills development program, aimed at building the international capability and capacity of Australian businesses.
This program provides training to companies across the spectrum of international business experience, from pre-export to well-seasoned.
We believe our off-the-rack skills development program contains something for almost everyone, but from time-to-time organisations may have particularly specialised needs that can only be satisfied by a bespoke offering. And the ECA can help!
If you think a standard course doesn’t quite do the job, the ECA will work with you to determine your exact upskilling requirements and then tailor-make a program just for YOU. Whether it is in-depth market training, specific sectoral advice, international pricing solutions, or a workshop focussed on marketing and sales, the ECA can develop a program that fits.
How it works:
We consult with you to analyse:
- Your needs
- The skill level of your employees
- The time you have available for training
- Your budget
We then develop a program just for you.
In-house training can be delivered at your premises, or offsite, depending on your requirements. To allow for meaningful interaction between the trainer/s and the delegates, in-house training group numbers are limited to 10 people.
Should ongoing assistance be required, the ECA can provide mentoring and consultation services post-training.
To have a confidential, no obligation discussion about your company’s training, needs, call Penelope Jantz on 02 8243 7411 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Health: Export Ready
- Are you Internationally Ready?
- International Business Planning 101
- Whose who in the Export Zoo?
- Learn how to prepare a SWOT Analysis for International expansion
- Market Research + Market entry strategy
- Accessing government grants for export
- Resourcing for international growth
- Preparing your product/ service for international markets
- Managing International Logistics 101
- Managing International Trade Risk
- Preparing for international growth: Legal + IP Protection
Export Process: Nuts & Bolts
- Export Documentation
- Finance for international growth
- Supply Chain Management and Security
- Export/Import Compliance
- Intellectual Property
- Advanced marketing for International Business
- Preparing your international tax structure
- Understanding the legal requirements for international expansion
- Learn how to correctly apply for a Certificate of Origin/Declaration of Origin
- Learn the importance of product classification when it comes to taking advantage of FTA's
- Human Resource Management for international Markets International Pricing - Level 2
- Risk Management: Level 2 (Contracts, incoterms, insurance and payment terms)
Market Development (Market Growth)
- Market regulation
- Market Research
- How to pitch for the right market
- Utilising Trade Shows efficiently & effectively
- Preparing for business Missions
- Managing Lead Generation
- Understanding how to manage bribery and corruption
- Developing new business models for international growth
- Setting up an offshore presence
- FTA's 101
Export Growth (Advanced Stream)
- Trade Policy
- Shanghai Free Trade Zone
- Korea Services Sector
- Mexico: Reform and Opportunity
- ASEAN + Supply Chains
Don't see anything that quite fits the bill? Contact us to design something just for you!
Make an Enquiry
Become A Member
Group Managing Director, doq®
Member of the ECA
"Our mission is to connect Australia and Japan – by using our local knowledge to service clients in the Asia Pacific region that we can grow with. This
allows us to develop cross-cultural marketing solutions that are mutually beneficial, both for our Australian and international partners. Being a part
of the ECA has been an important asset to our growth; setting a high bar to reach for, providing a valuable network, introducing us to new leads and
informing us of changing trends. We look forward to continuing to be the specialists in anything Japan-related and are proud to be associated with
Down Under Enterprises grows, produces, exports, and markets traceable and sustainable native Australian essential oils and botanicals. We source from their farm, Buhlambar, and also from small growers across Australia.
Founded in 1991 in a spare bedroom to sell Tea Tree Oil from Dee-Ann’s parents’ farm, Down Under Enterprises has since grown to support over three dozen Australian farming families.