Building on the experience gained over 60 years of supporting international business, the Export Council of Australia (ECA) has developed a comprehensive skills development program, aimed at building the international capability and capacity of Australian businesses.
This program provides training to companies across the spectrum of international business experience, from pre-export to well-seasoned.
We believe our off-the-rack skills development program contains something for almost everyone, but from time-to-time organisations may have particularly specialised needs that can only be satisfied by a bespoke offering. And the ECA can help!
If you think a standard course doesn’t quite do the job, the ECA will work with you to determine your exact upskilling requirements and then tailor-make a program just for YOU. Whether it is in-depth market training, specific sectoral advice, international pricing solutions, or a workshop focussed on marketing and sales, the ECA can develop a program that fits.
How it works:
We consult with you to analyse:
- our needs
- The skill level of your employees
- The time you have available for training
- Your budget
We then develop a program just for you.
In-house training can be delivered at your premises, or offsite, depending on your requirements. To allow for meaningful interaction between the trainer/s and the delegates, in-house training group numbers are limited to 10 people.
Should ongoing assistance be required, the ECA can provide mentoring and consultation services post-training.
To have a confidential, no obligation discussion about your company’s training, needs, call Angela Wright on 02 8243 7490 or email: email@example.com.
Business Health: Export Ready
- Are you Internationally Ready?
- International Business Planning 101
- Whose who in the Export Zoo?
- Learn how to prepare a SWOT Analysis for International expansion
- Market Research + Market entry strategy
- Accessing government grants for export
- Resourcing for international growth
- Preparing your product/ service for international markets
- Managing International Logistics 101
- Managing International Trade Risk
- Preparing for international growth: Legal + IP Protection
Export Process: Nuts & Bolts
- Export Documentation
- Finance for international growth
- Supply Chain Management and Security
- Export/Import Compliance
- Intellectual Property
- Advanced marketing for International Business
- Preparing your international tax structure
- Understanding the legal requirements for international expansion
- Learn how to correctly apply for a Certificate of Origin/Declaration of Origin
- Learn the importance of product classification when it comes to taking advantage of FTA's
- Human Resource Management for international Markets International Pricing - Level 2
- Risk Management: Level 2 (Contracts, incoterms, insurance and payment terms)
Market Development (Market Growth)
- Market regulation
- Market Research
- How to pitch for the right market
- Utilising Trade Shows efficiently & effectively
- Preparing for business Missions
- Managing Lead Generation
- Understanding how to manage bribery and corruption
- Developing new business models for international growth
- Setting up an offshore presence
- FTA's 101
Export Growth (Advanced Stream)
- Trade Policy
- Shanghai Free Trade Zone
- Korea Services Sector
- Mexico: Reform and Opportunity
- ASEAN + Supply Chains
Don't see anything that quite fits the bill? Contact us to design something just for you!
Make an Enquiry
Industry Skills Fund
You may be eligible for funding or financial assistance under the Industry Skills Fund for export training
The Industry Skills Fund – Growth Stream (the fund) assists industry to invest in training and support services and to develop innovative training solutions.
The fund is intended to help build a highly skilled workforce that can take advantage of new business growth opportunities and adapt to rapid technological change.
The fund operates on a co-contribution basis, with a sliding scale based on the size of your business.
The focus of the fund is on supporting training required to enable a business to pursue a growth strategy, for example, where a business is looking to:
- Diversify into new or emerging markets - export capability training
- Enter export markets - export capability training
As a company, you might be eligible to apply for funding assistance for training and support services through the Industry Skills Fund and the Growth Stream is now open for applications.
Dee-Ann Prather, Down Under Enterprises International
NSW Women in Global Business Award winner
Member of the ECA
“90% of our business is export based and we are expanding rapidly throughout Asia. As we move into new countries and regions it is important to understand the country, culture and business norms and ECA has helped us do this through their programs. ECA has also helped us improve our shipping and documentation efficiency, especially with the new GHS requirements. Overall, ECA is a wealth of information and knowledge and have always been very helpful when we have specific issues or questions.”Become a Member
Nuix is the 2015 Premier's NSW Exporter of the Year. As a technology company that protects, informs and empowers society. Nuix has more than 1,500 customers in over 60 countries, including all major global regulatory agencies, leading security and law enforcement agencies, all tier one advisory and litigation support vendors, and many of the world's leading financial institutions, corporations and government departments.