Managing International Business Risks
Risk Management is a key part to any international business expansion plans.
Knowing what to do when don’t go to plan is vital, and up-front awareness should also lead to better ways of managing the processes so that the
likelihood of problems is reduced.
- Country risk: a PEST analysis. Review of the Political, Economic, Social and Technological macro-environmental factors. This is a key component to your external analysis when conducting a strategic analysis or doing market research.
- Commercial risk: the risk of not being paid by your buyers. You need to ensure that you are getting your product to buyers
and ensuring payment.
- Payment risk: payment methods, how to protect your FX risk.
- Market risk: contingencies for changes in market conditions and product demand
If your business is new to international trade, it is important to assess and plan for the different risks you will face.
The below guide outlines the key risks you should consider:
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Products Liability Insurance
- Trade Credit Insurance
- Political Risks Insurance
- Corporate Travel Insurance
- Insurance Premium Funding
- Credit Insurance for export receivables
Dee-Ann Prather, Down Under Enterprises International
NSW Women in Global Business Award winner
Member of the ECA
“90% of our business is export based and we are expanding rapidly throughout Asia. As we move into new countries and regions it is important to understand the country, culture and business norms and ECA has helped us do this through their programs. ECA has also helped us improve our shipping and documentation efficiency, especially with the new GHS requirements. Overall, ECA is a wealth of information and knowledge and have always been very helpful when we have specific issues or questions.”Become a Member
Nuix is the 2015 Premier's NSW Exporter of the Year. As a technology company that protects, informs and empowers society. Nuix has more than 1,500 customers in over 60 countries, including all major global regulatory agencies, leading security and law enforcement agencies, all tier one advisory and litigation support vendors, and many of the world's leading financial institutions, corporations and government departments.