Export Market Development Grants (EMDG)
What is EMDG?
The Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme is a key Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters. Administered by Austrade, the scheme supports a wide range of industry sectors and products, including inbound tourism and the export of intellectual property and know-how outside Australia.
The EMDG scheme:
- Encourages small and medium sized Australian businesses to develop export markets
- Reimburses up to 50% of eligible export promotion expenses above $5,000 provided that the total expenses are at least $15,000
- Provides up to eight grants to each eligible applicant
To access the scheme for the first time, businesses need to have spent $15,000 over two years on eligible export marketing expenses.
Applications for expenditure incurred in the financial year being claimed will open on 1 July of the following financial year and close on the 30th November of that year.
For Example, applications for expenses in the 2018/19 financial year open 1 July, 2019 and close 30 November, 2019.
Who can apply for EMDG?
Any Australian individual, partnership, company, association, co-operative, statutory corporation or trust that has carried on export promotion activities during the year for which they wish to apply for an export grant.
To be eligible, the business must have:
- Income of not more than $50 million in the grant year
- Incurred at least $15,000 of eligible export expenses under the scheme (first-time applicants can combine two years expenses)
- Principal status for the export business (some exceptions apply, eg. event promoters)
- The business also must have promoted one of the following:
- The export of goods and most services
- Inbound tourism
- The export of intellectual property and know-how
- Conferences and events held in Australia
To find out more about EMDG see www.austrade.gov.au
Become A Member
VEKTA Advanced Automation
Member of the ECA
"In 2014 Vekta Automation became involved in the Export Awards and started to get a better understanding about the role of the Export Council of Australia. After attending a seminar in Perth in February 2019 the decision was instantly made and we signed up the next day. A decision we should have made 5 years earlier. For Vekta, the information, expertise and networking opportunities that the ECA provides has been valuable. It is reassuring knowing that there are experienced and knowledgeable people we can turn to when advice is needed."
Established in 1970, Mavlab Animal Health Pty Ltd is a Queensland based, family-owned, GMP licenced manufacturer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and pet care products. Mavlab has an extensive range of prescription and over the counter products sold in a growing number of global markets. Contract manufacturing opportunities are also available.