Values and Mission Statement
To be the leading advocate for developing the international trade performance of Australian business.
To contribute to the development of Australia’s resources through encouraging Australian business to engage in international trade, effective representation
to government on market access and facilitation issues, the delivery of practical professional development programs and forums that foster
the exchange of ideas and knowledge and reward excellence.
Our values represent the qualities, behaviours and the expectations of our members. We believe in:
- Professional development and growth
- A bipartisan approach to governments at all levels
- Open and direct communication
- Challenging our peers and ourselves to achieve excellence
- Sharing experience and insight
- Showing leadership in words and actions
- Following strict coherence to governance in all aspects of business
- Equal opportunity in gender, race and religious belief
Our Key Priorities
- To play a leading role in the development of Australia’s resources via the promotion of Australian industry, including SME participation, in international markets.
- Equip Australian business with the skills and capabilities required to effectively and efficiently conduct profitable international trade.
- Make representations to and on behalf of exporters to appropriate decision makers on:
- Policies and regulatory measures impacting the international competitiveness of Australian industry
- The role of export promotion activities and programs which promote business development, encourage a greater outward orientation in industry and support marketing of Australian products and services in international markets
- The Government's broader trade policy agenda including multilateral, regional and bilateral trade negotiations.
- Undertake research to identify and quantify the issues affecting the development of profitable international trade activity by Australian SME companies.
- Interface with and provide support to sector specific associations and councils representing business engaged in international trade.
- Deliver activities which:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge
- Reward excellence in export
Become A Member
Co-Founder & Commercial Director,
Pharmako Biotechnologies Pty Ltd
Member of the ECA
"Pharmako Biotechnologies were already exporting when we joined the ECA. We joined to assist our export strategies, and unashamedly to promote ourselves
through the Australian Export Awards. As a small business, third party recognition and industry membership assist when dealing with large
Established in 1970, Mavlab Animal Health Pty Ltd is a Queensland based, family-owned, GMP licenced manufacturer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and pet care products. Mavlab has an extensive range of prescription and over the counter products sold in a growing number of global markets. Contract manufacturing opportunities are also available.