National Advisory Committee
The Export Council of Australia's National Advisory committee is made up of ECA members who are highly experienced practitioners in international trade. Membership of the committee is by invitation from the Export Council of Australia. Written nominations must be directed to the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The committee has four primary tasks:
- To be ambassadors for international trade and the Export Council of Australia
- To represent the Export Council of Australia to business and government both in Australia and in overseas markets
- To provide input to the Export Council of Australia on key international trade issues, submissions on policy and at local and international
forums engaged in debate on international trade
- Attend where practical Export Council of Australia events and activities as special guests of the Export Council of Australia.
National Advisory Committee members have no fiduciary responsibilities, however they will be required to participate in assisting the Export Council
of Australia to contribute to the development of Australia’s resources through encouraging Australian business to engage in international trade,
effective representation to government on market access and facilitation issues, the delivery of practical professional development programs
and forums that foster the exchange of ideas and knowledge and reward excellence.
If you or a representative from your organisation would like to join the committee, you will need to make a submission to the Board of Directors. For further information on the process of joining the council or to discuss the council further please contact the Export Council of Australia on 02 8243 7400.
National Advisory Committee Members
- Peter O'Byrne, Macquarie University – Chair of the National Advisory Council
- Amanda Hicks, Colouratura
- Brian Newton, Woolworths
- Jennie Lang AM, UNSW
- Jim Harrowell AM, Hunt & Hunt
- John Fargher, Steriline Racing
- Lyall Howard, Australia Post
- Mark Muller, Cook Medical
- Matthew Gellin, Sanitarium
- Michelle Moore, OBE Organics
- Paul Henry, Populous
Leandra Coffey, Director, Fruity Sacks
Member of the ECA
“Our business is about making it easy for people to make environmentally friendly choices. We are looking to expand into new overseas markets and the ECA have been a huge help in this endeavour. The ECA have given us introductions to key businesses that can help us in the markets we are looking at, and their workshops and seminars on topics relevant to exporting were extremely useful. All up, our association with the ECA has been a great asset to Fruity Sacks.”Become a Member
Homart Group has been established for 27 years, and specialises in manufacturing and marketing high quality Australian health supplements. Their products include two major segments of health supplements; skin care and dairy products. Their biggest export challenge is the regulations each country has for the import permits. It normally takes long time to get the registration approval before they can sell the goods into that country.