National Advisory Committee
The Export Council of Australia's National Advisory committee is made up of ECA members who are highly experienced practitioners in international trade. Membership of the committee is by invitation from the Export Council of Australia. Written nominations must be directed to the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The committee has four primary tasks:
- To be ambassadors for international trade and the Export Council of Australia
- To represent the Export Council of Australia to business and government both in Australia and in overseas markets
- To provide input to the Export Council of Australia on key international trade issues, submissions on policy and at local and international
forums engaged in debate on international trade
- Attend where practical Export Council of Australia events and activities as special guests of the Export Council of Australia.
National Advisory Committee members have no fiduciary responsibilities, however they will be required to participate in assisting the Export Council
of Australia to contribute to the development of Australia’s resources through encouraging Australian business to engage in international trade,
effective representation to government on market access and facilitation issues, the delivery of practical professional development programs
and forums that foster the exchange of ideas and knowledge and reward excellence.
If you or a representative from your organisation would like to join the committee, you will need to make a submission to the Board of Directors. For further information on the process of joining the council or to discuss the council further please contact the Export Council of Australia on 02 8243 7400.
National Advisory Committee Members
- Peter O'Byrne, Macquarie University – Chair of the National Advisory Council
- Amanda Hicks, Colouratura
- Brian Newton, Woolworths
- Jennie Lang AM, UNSW
- Jim Harrowell AM, Hunt & Hunt
- John Fargher, Steriline Racing
- Lyall Howard, Australia Post
- Mark Muller, Cook Medical
- Matthew Gellin, Sanitarium
- Michelle Moore, OBE Organics
- Paul Henry, Populous
Become A Member
Group Managing Director, doq®
Member of the ECA
"Our mission is to connect Australia and Japan – by using our local knowledge to service clients in the Asia Pacific region that we can grow with. This
allows us to develop cross-cultural marketing solutions that are mutually beneficial, both for our Australian and international partners. Being a part
of the ECA has been an important asset to our growth; setting a high bar to reach for, providing a valuable network, introducing us to new leads and
informing us of changing trends. We look forward to continuing to be the specialists in anything Japan-related and are proud to be associated with
Thomas Global Systems designs, produces and supports innovative electronic systems solutions for aerospace and defence applications. Since 1956, they have built a global, industry-leading reputation for practical innovation and dependability. Working together as a Partner of Choice, they deliver expertise in mission systems, flight deck avionics, training & simulation and display technology supported by dedicated service and support teams operating around the world.