National Advisory Council
Membership of the National Advisory Council of the Export Council of Australia comprises highly experienced practitioners in international trade, representatives of Corporate and Association Partners, sponsors and members. Membership of the Council is by invitation from the Export Council of Australia Board of Directors. Written nominations must be directed to the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The National Advisory Council of the ECA has five primary tasks:
- To be ambassadors for International Trade and the Export Council of Australia.
- To represent the Export Council of Australia to business and Government both in Australia and in overseas markets.
- To provide input to the Export Council of Australia on key international trade issues, submissions on policy and at local and international
forums engaged in debate on international trade.
- Attend where practical Export Council of Australia events and activities as special guests of the Export Council of Australia.
- Participate, where practical in the Export Council of Australia’s Industry Working Groups.
National Advisory Council members have no fiduciary responsibilities, however they will be required to participate in assisting the Export Council
of Australia to contribute to the development of Australia’s resources through encouraging Australian business to engage in international trade,
effective representation to government on market access and facilitation issues, the delivery of practical professional development programs
and forums that foster the exchange of ideas and knowledge and reward excellence.
If you or a representative from your organisation would like to join the council a submission to the Board of Directors for consideration is required. For further information on the process of joining the council or to discuss the council further please contact Lisa McAuley from the Export Council of Australia on 02 8243 7410.
Current National Advisory Council Members
- Peter O'Byrne, Adjunct Professor, Macquarie University – Chair of the National Advisory Council
- Dianne Tipping,, CEO, Excon International – Chair of the Export Council of Australia
- Stuart Charity, Managing Director – AAAA
- John Fargher, Managing Director- Steriline Racing
- Jim Harrowell AM, Partner- Hunt & Hunt
- Paul Henry, Senior Principal – Populous
- Jennie Lang, Vice President - Advancement, UNSW
- Barry Thomas, Managing Director- Cook Medical
- John Bilmon, Managing Director - PTW Architects
- Sid Gray, Professor of International Business - University of Sydney Business School
- Malcolm May, Managing Director- Balco Group
- Neil O'Sullivan, Managing Director - NOJA Power Switchgear Pty Ltd
- Lisa McAuley, CEO- Export Council of Australia
Dee-Ann Prather, Down Under Enterprises International
NSW Women in Global Business Award winner
Member of the ECA
“90% of our business is export based and we are expanding rapidly throughout Asia. As we move into new countries and regions it is important to understand the country, culture and business norms and ECA has helped us do this through their programs. ECA has also helped us improve our shipping and documentation efficiency, especially with the new GHS requirements. Overall, ECA is a wealth of information and knowledge and have always been very helpful when we have specific issues or questions.”Become a Member
Nuix is the 2015 Premier's NSW Exporter of the Year. As a technology company that protects, informs and empowers society. Nuix has more than 1,500 customers in over 60 countries, including all major global regulatory agencies, leading security and law enforcement agencies, all tier one advisory and litigation support vendors, and many of the world's leading financial institutions, corporations and government departments.